
I've been waiting so long to get this picture from "B". A couple weeks ago was "B's" daughters birthday and I was asked to make the cake. Apparently "B" and the mother have no experience with making cakes and they didn't want just another store bought cake, and that's when I was approached. I was told the theme was "Princess party" and that her favorite princess was Cinderella. I knew exactly what kind of princess cake I was going to make because my step mom made something very similar for my little sister years ago.
I used my Betty Crocker Bake N' Fill cake pan (I'm a sucker for kitchen gadgets) to make it a dome shape. I also filled the inside with chocolate pudding. Then all you do is scoop out a little hole to make room for the princess doll. The only hard part was frosting the darn cake and doll. I had to use just enough frosting to cover the dolls "ta-tas" but not so much that the frosting dripped. I would say it took a good hour to frost the whole cake.
All the parents that stopped by the party loved the cake and I received so many compliments. One even asked if I could do a cake for her daughter and I also got a request for a UFC cake in a month. Maybe I should have a little side business...
No comments:
Post a Comment