Saturday, June 5, 2010

Girls Night








Last night was spent at a great martini lounge called, Blue Martini. They have locations all over like San Diego, Florida, Vegas and Phoenix. I went with an girlfriend who also just recently broke up with her boyfriend. She sipped on a Sex in the City Martini, while I went for my usual 007 Martini. For $12, it's a real good deal because it's not just a glass they give you, they give you the shaker so you get just over 2 glasses for $12. There was a live band doing classic rock songs like every weekend, with people dancing and flirting and having a great time. I think one of the main reasons why I love this place so much is because of the people that go there. I'm definitely a people watcher and here, you get to see them all! You have the Cougars, the Mid-life Crisis guys, the Frat guy looking for a "tightly clothed lady", and then you have the divorcees. My friend and I left our indoor table for a place out on the patio because it was quieter and easier to hear each other talk. We stayed for a good 3 hours and I'm pretty sure I converted her to loving Blue Martini.

I'm so thankful for the great friends I have both near and far away, who have kept in touch and have reached out to me during this difficult time. It really means a lot to me. Where would I be without the girlfriend giving me a "White Trash Spritzer" recipe, or the friend who tries to find another guy for me, or the friend who is willing to go and "have a talk" with my ex. Friends truly are priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment