Last night was a night of celebration for me. One because I got a kick ass job as an assistant manager and two, because I finally finished getting all my stuff from "His" house. "B" had issues at home that put us an hour behind schedule so that made me even more stressed than I already was. "B" was kind enough to let me drink a beer (or two) while we drove to "His" house to get my stuff to help me calm down. Thank god there was no drama because I'm so over it and can't take anymore. After we took care of my stuff, we went back to "B's" neighborhood and went to a local bar called "JJ Madisons". It was the first time either of us had been there and we instantly fell in love with the place. Not too big, not too small. Not to crowded... just right. Apparently Wednesday is ladies night so all of my drinks were a dollar. And let me tell you, I took full advantage of my Jack and Coke's being only a dollar. I was also told that I made a bet last night, that if in 6 months, when the bet is over and I happen to lose, I will have to tattoo "B's" name onto my forehead. I'm not a girl that likes to lose and therefore I will do everything in my power to win! "B" didn't drink as much as I did since he was driving, but we're both paying for it today. Let's just say the snooze button was pressed 5 times this morning!
"B" and I have known each other for almost 2 years and we know each other like the back of our hands. We went almost a year barely speaking and when we did finally talk again, it was right where we left off. That doesn't happen that often anymore. Even though "B" is a male, I can still tell him anything and I know he won't judge me and vice versa.
While we were playing pool, "B" made a comment to me. He said, "You know I'm glad we got all your stuff out of "His" place. You know why? Because it's only an hour later and I can tell you're happier and that you have less stress." When I asked what he meant, he said, "Either you're happier or it's just the alcohol in you." I could only laugh at the man. Alcohol has a tendency to make me loosen up and have more fun. That, in combination with dropping my baggage, made me feel like I wasn't myself. My old self was tired, drained, and stressed.
I felt like Christina Aguilera's new song, "Not Myself Tonight". My favorite line in the song is, "The old me's gone, I feel brand new, And if you don't like it, fuck you."
No comments:
Post a Comment