Starting another chapter in my life and I'm going to be focusing on myself instead of others.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
New Job
For the past week and a half, I've been working at my new job. I'm an assistant manager at a kids clothing store in an upscale neighborhood. So far I love it to pieces! I spent 3 years working at Macy's and I absolutely hated that place with a deep dark passion. There are many reasons why I hate Macy's, for example: the politics, I knew more than my boss, my boss throwing me under the bus, and the list could go on and on. At this new place, things are so much better. For one the clients aren't penny pinchers trying to get everything for a quarter. It also helps that I have authority and I don't always have 10 boss's watching my every move and telling me 10 different ways to do something. I only have one boss that actually works with me maybe 2 days out of the week. The other days, I'm the boss. The one downfall that's happened is that my boss was on vacation for the past 5 days, so I was the only one who has the keys and alarm codes to the store. That means, I had to open and close the store every day! The opening part wasn't bad because the store doesn't open until 10am, so I had to be there at 9:30am... not bad. But the store closes at 7pm so I was stuck there until almost 8pm one night. On Friday and Saturday the store closes at 9pm, so last night, for example, I had to take a break from girls night and run to the store to close it, then go back to girls night. It's not a big deal but more of a pain in the butt to do this. I believe my boss is back from her vacation and tonight is my last night of doing these little trips to the store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment