Friday, October 29, 2010

Sick Day Part 2


  Before I passed out yet again in "T's" bed after a late lunch, he asked me if I like chicken noodle soup. I said that I don't and I'm not really a soup kind of girl. I told him that I love the Tomato Gin soup at White Chocolate Grill and I also love Tomato Basil soup at Caffe Italia in Davis, CA. "T" said he'd go to the store on his way back from a business meeting and make a homemade tomato soup for me.
  I'm not the nicest person when I'm sick. I like to be left alone and I hate when people are fussing over me and suffocating me when I'm sick. So this whole business of "T" wanting to take care of me and making me lunch and dinner and making sure I take medicine and vitamins is new territory. Even the "Ex" wasn't this good to me when we were living together. The one time I got really sick, he continued to stay at a stupid political party while I watched his two kids between trips to the bathroom. That should have been a HUGE warning sign.
  Anyways, a couple hours later I ventured outside of the bedroom and there was "T" putting the final touches to the tomato soup. I had to tip my hat to him. Even though he's a meat and potatoes kind of guy, he knows how to make a great tomato basil soup. I was actually impressed that he actually knew how to make soup. As I was rinsing out the bowl and putting it into the dishwasher, I was throwing away my paper towel when I saw... The soup carton from the store! The little turd didn't make homemade soup, he bought it and tried to pass it off as his own! I had to sit and think for a moment on what to do. Do I call him out on it or do I play naive? I decided that I was going to play naive until I saw him sitting on the couch and I couldn't keep a straight face so I called him out. His face got red and I just laughed at him. I told him it was still sweet and it was the thought that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment