Sunday, October 24, 2010

HAPPY 18th!!!

18 years ago Friday, my little half sister was born. For as long as I can remember I've always wanted a little sister. And for the longest time I never thought it was going to happen until my stepmom got pregnant. I KNEW that she was going to have a girl. I couldn't stand to have more brothers since I already had 4 older ones. Even though we're 9 years apart and have grown up in different states, I still love her very much. I don't see her often but when we do get together it's like best friends. I saw her last summer when I went back for my grandpa's funeral and we were attached at the hip. She even convinced me to go to a high school party which everyone thought I was so cool. Even though she's more outgoing and more of a trouble maker than I am, we still are very much a like. She's going through tough times with our father, just like I did around her age and she turns to me for help and advice. I tell her all the time that I'm not the one to go to since I don't speak to our father anymore but she keeps coming back! I have a lot of regrets when it comes to my little sister and brother, like not being around when they were growing up but I know that it wasn't my fault. I just feel like I should have been there for them and helped them more after my father and their mother got a divorce. Oh well. It is, what it is. I still love her very much and miss her like crazy and hope that she decides to come to college here in Phoenix.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment