Last night was mine and "B's" poker night. A total of 9 people were in attendance which was less than expected (that's why we had 2 tables set up but only used one) but still a really good number to play with. "B's" buddies are very serious poker people and have special rules to make before the game begins. It was suppose to start at 8 and I don't think we actually dealt the first cards until 9. It was a $20 buy in and everyone starts with the same number of chips. To make sure the game doesn't last forever we let second place get their $20 back while the winner takes everything else. When we started, I knew one person and that was "B". Everyone else was "B's" coworker or neighbor. These people have never seen me play poker except "B" and I do believe I took them by surprise with how well I did because I came in second! The same guys who were thinking that this girl didn't know how to play poker, were also laughing at me because whenever I won the hand, I'd say, "Mama needs a new pair of jeans." They didn't understand that the jeans I love cost $160, the same amount as the jackpot! "B" was the winner, so he got $160. The game went well into the night and I don't think I went to bed until 3:30am! I took a picture of the poker table this morning because it was actually made by one of "B's" friends who was playing with us. It was so well made that we all thought it was store bought. I was very impressed not only with the craftsmanship but by how serious these guys take poker. They take this table to whoever's house is hosting the poker night and it even has built in cup holders! Then there was the collection of beer cans from the men just to show how much they were drinking and that's not including all the shots and liquor they were drinking as well! I also included a picture of "B's" fish tank. The tank is huge and my favorite part about it is that he has a frog in there! It's a tiny one, about the size of a quarter and it just swims around. "B's" German Shepard dog is such a dummy that he'll stare at the fish tank for 30 minutes at a time just watching the fish swim. He also has a "Scuba Steve" swimming in there, go ahead and see if you can find him. And let's not forget about my poker cake either! Of course everyone was impressed and ate it all up, so there's no leftovers today. I'm not very proud of this cake because I just had so much going on that I didn't put a lot of time or effort into making it.
I love this song! I always tell "B" that the song was made for him because he always has a poker face on. But after last night, I think the song was made for me because obviously I had a great poker face with all the bluffing I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment