
Last nights dinner was a bit of a disappointment to me. Not because it was gross or anything. It's just that I wanted a Chalupa from Taco Bell SO FREAKIN BAD! However, since "B" got me flowers, I figured I kind of owed him a good home cooked dinner. I just wasn't in the mood to make anything fancy or time consuming so I threw together this easy BBQ dinner that I always make during the summer months when I don't want to use the stove and heat up the house. It's one of mine and "B's" favorite dinners and you can switch out whatever vegetables you want. All you do is throw in a bunch of chopped up vegetables (this time I did red onions, red pepper, and zucchini), add some sort of flavoring (I usually do an Italian dressing) and wrap it in aluminum foil. As for the meat, you can do whatever you like and use whatever flavorings you wish. Then just add the meat and the vegetables that are wrapped in aluminum foil to the grill. I'm not one to use the grill, so that's always "B's" part in the dinner process. It's usually done in 10-15 minutes depending on how thick the meat is. There you have it, a nice simple and easy summer dinner.
Another quick dinner side is a microwave baked potato. "B" taught me how to do this and it's so much quicker than a regular baked potato. All you do is wash off the potato (don't dry it!), poke holes in it with a fork, put it in a zip lock bag and zip it shut with just a little opening for the steam, and throw it in the microwave for 5 minutes. How easy is that?! Then we like to add shredded cheese and ranch dressing... don't knock it til you try it!
No comments:
Post a Comment