After sleeping only 4 hours I had to get up the next morning and be to work at 6am to finish the job with my boss.My boss took one look at me and asked if I was drunk. I told her, no I'm just very tired because "D" and I worked until 11 last night. Then I had to explain why I went over my boss's head and I could tell my boss wasn't very happy but she got over it. As a thank you for all the hard work I've done the past couple days, we took a breakfast break and she bought me Einstein's Bagels and coffee. For 4 hours we worked our butts off to get the store all decorated for the holidays and I really don't ever want to see fake snow again! I had fake snow all over me and in my hair, my hands were all sticky from playing with the fake snow covered trees, my muscles hurt from lifting and climbing and balancing on ladders, and to top everything off I almost fell off the ladder a couple of times. In a 24 hour period I slept 4 hours and worked a total of 18 hours. Monday after I got off work, I went straight home, took a shower and passed out in my bed for a couple hours and was dead to the world.
When I woke up late Monday afternoon, I had tons of missed calls and texts from "T". I politely told him that I'm too tired to do anything and that I wasn't leaving my place even if there was a fire... my butt was not moving. After some negotiating, he came over and I cooked us some spaghetti. Whole wheat pasta with whatever sauce I had in the cupboard with ground turkey AND... My top secret ingredients... pureed cauliflower and broccoli. "T" is like a little boy and doesn't eat veggies and I tease him all the time about it. So I used a trick that I did all the time for the "Ex's" kids and I took frozen veggies and pureed them and hid them in the sauce and the person can never tell the difference. Another added bonus is that it thickens the sauce (I love thick spaghetti sauce) and you get even more veggies in your diet. Of course I didn't tell "T" what I did because I'll be using this trick often. After dinner I had a little bit of the baking bug, so I made some Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies. The "Ex" said he liked them when I used to make them for him and I love them so I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're good! And super easy to make!
Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies
1/3 Cup softened Butter
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar (I use a Splenda blend)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon (I eye ball it. I love cinnamon so I always add more)
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Applesauce (I buy the applesauce with cinnamon)
1 1/4 Cup Flour (I use a blend of white and wheat flour)
1 1/4 Cup Oats
Mix everything together and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar (I use a Splenda blend)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon (I eye ball it. I love cinnamon so I always add more)
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Applesauce (I buy the applesauce with cinnamon)
1 1/4 Cup Flour (I use a blend of white and wheat flour)
1 1/4 Cup Oats
Mix everything together and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes
(I've also added chocolate chips whenever I have a chocolate craving)
No comments:
Post a Comment