Starting another chapter in my life and I'm going to be focusing on myself instead of others.
Saturday, February 5, 2011
I think my pee turned to icicles!
What a long week! I worked 40 hours in four days and I also made a quick trip to Vegas Thursday night to visit my stepdad who has had some medical issues and Friday I flew to California for a funeral for a friend. I flew back home Friday night where B picked me up at the airport and since he was dead tired, I drove most of the 3 hour trip to Pine Top where his ex in laws have a cabin and one of the pipes broke during the recent cold weather. Let me tell you something, B can not stand having anyone drive his cars! I grew up driving my stepdads trucks and my moms Ford Expedition, big cars don't scare me. So when he mentioned he was dead tired since he was up since 5am and worked 12hours, I offered to drive his truck until we hit snow, because this California girl doesn't drive in snow. I know how but I choose not to piss my pants every time we skid. We stood for a good 10minutes arguing over it until I finally won. His main concern was that he just got this new truck and didn't want anything to happen to it. I mentioned that his truck is the exact same truck that my stepdad has and that I have driven for years. Finally we were on the road to the cabin! The last week has been so cold that it reached -10 degrees and I guess that was too much for the pipes and one broke so B, being the handy guy that he is got called to fix it. Since it was a plumbing pipe that broke, the toilets didn't work. So while B was getting a fire started, I had to channel my inner girl scout and "pop a squat" by a bush. I walked back inside and said, "it's so cold I think my pee turned to icicles!" which had B laughing hysterically. B also brought his 2 German Shepard dogs, Kobe and India... India being the bitch dog from hell who hates women for some reason (they're both rescue dogs). Every now and then whenever I spend the night, I'll wake up and find India sprawled on top of me and no matter how hard I push, she won't move until B wakes up and pushes her down. Last night was no exception. However, since it was so cold, I didn't mind her sleeping on me. I just pushed her over so she cuddled with me and shared her warmth. I think it was a great bonding experience for us! So now I'm just waiting on the plumber, B, to finish up so we can get back home and crash before the big Superbowl party tomorrow.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment