So a couple days ago, I got a text from the Ex saying, "I'm at Blue Agave and ready to talk about things if you want to swing by". I sent back, "Nope, you will never have an opportunity to lie to my face again. I lost 3 people that I loved with all my heart and I have to move on." That was the end of things, or so I thought.
Last night while at work I got a phone call from the Ex. I sat there staring at my phone for a couple rings before I decided to answer. Apparently he needs a character reference for his dilemma that he's been dealing with for almost a year. While he was rambling on about what needs to be done, I sat in a chair with my mouth open. I cut him off and said, "you want ME to write about how great of a person you are?" As he tried to convince me to do it, my mind was blank and my mouth still hung open. All I could manage to say was that I'd think about it. For the rest of the night I couldn't feel anything about this new development. I'm pretty numb about this character reference. After everything he's done to me, how can I sit and write an official piece of paper about how great of a person he is? What am I supposed to say, he's an honest man? NOPE! He sticks to his word? Nope! He's faithful? Nope! I just don't know...
No comments:
Post a Comment