Friday, December 24, 2010

Letter 13... Someone You Wish You Could Forgive

I wish I could forgive my dad. I cut him out 7 years ago and for good reasons. However, I want him to feel sorry for everything he's done and to actually voice his guiltiness. He keeps living in his own fantasy world where he's done nothing wrong even though 3 of his 5 kids have cut him out for some length of time (me being the longest). It's not easy being on the outs with your father. I'm not proud of my decision but it's something I had to do. This is the most I've ever spoken about the situations regarding my split with my dad and I'll admit that it actually feels good to get it all out. As far as forgiving him... I don't see that happening anytime soon. Over the past 7 years I've only spoken to him twice. Once when my mom made me call and tell him about my medical issues and last summer when I went to my step grandpas funeral and I had no choice but to be polite and say a couple words every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment