Alright everyone, grab your popcorn and alcoholic beverage, I'd say this is a perfect story for a nice glass of $7 Pinot Grigio.
The night started with me changing clothes, alternating between 2 shirts and 2 jeans. Like the picture below, I loved my blue top (mainly because I didn't have to wear a bra and what girl doesn't like a little sparkle!) but I liked the jeans in the picture, but they didn't go with each other. After much deliberation, I decided on the top and went with a pair of plain dark jeans with a slight bootcut. My shoes were purchased from target a couple years ago but the best part is that they are exact knock offs of steve madden! I totally saved $75 and I'm so proud of this fact that I had to share. I paired all of this with my lovely blue handbag which always gets compliments by the ladies. I'm sorry that I didn't get a picture of my new haircut and highlights but it was down and curly.
Now for the good stuff! He sent a text saying he was on the way. I responded with, "If you bring J (annoying buddy), I will spike him to death with my heels." So we get to White Chocolate Grill and there's a 30 minute wait. We decide to sit at the bar for a bit and I sip on a Crown and Coke, even though I wanted a Jack and Coke but The Ex wanted to spend more for Crown... Whatever. We finally get our table in a corner and we ordered spinach and artichoke dip, which was Amazing! Then we both ordered a soup and salad combo since we weren't that hungry and we still got our Tomato Gin Soup. This soup is Magical! The Ex talked the waiter into adding extra gin and we could definitely taste it. The conversation was great and there weren't any awkward moments. After dinner we went to Blue Martini and ordered my 007... My "go to" drink. The live band sucked and The Ex did a little flirting with the waitress, which is usual for him, but I still had fun. We talked and laughed a lot. It made me realize how much we have in common and how he used to be my best friend. But he totally forgot the main point to the evening. He forgot all about the apology, big shock there. Oh well, I got a great dinner and great drinks. Plus I was able to dress up, which I love to do.
P.S. Yes, I have an ass. Thanks for pointing it out
Starting another chapter in my life and I'm going to be focusing on myself instead of others.
Monday, July 25, 2011
The Big Night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment