Friday, July 22, 2011

Batman Cake

This cake deserves it's own post because it was such a pain in my ass to make. I was only going to use fondant to make the batman symbol and use frosting to cover the cake, but the damn fondant wasn't cooperating with me and it kept ripping and falling apart. I threw it all away and went with old school free hand drawing... I should probably tell you that I got a C in the one semester art class I had to take in high school, so when I say free hand drawing, it took me like an hour to do it! But the one thing that really turned out cool was my different colored rings inside the cake! So I started off with a white cake but dyed it bright yellow and black (just like batman). It's a super easy thing to make the rings and I'm more than happy to tell anyone this trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment