Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"I'm Not A F@cking Mule!"

After having a nice, relaxing, much needed weekend off after working 11 hour days for the past month. Monday morning I got a text from my boss asking me to come in an hour early... Sure no problem. I got up, got dressed and went for a morning hike. Halfway down the mountain my boss calls me and tells me that she wants me to come in right away because our VP and some other lady is coming to town on Wednesday so we have to do major clean up. Ahhhh! But on my way to work, I have to stop by another one of our stores to get lightbulbs and Starbucks and lunch (when did I turn into an intern/personal assistant?). From 10am-8pm I was working like a mule... Rearranging our walls like an interior decorator, climbing ladders, hanging off of shelves, cleaning... You name it, I did it. The highlight of my day was went my boss and I were standing by the opened back door just talking when a bird flew in! Both of us hate birds and we both started freaking out and my boss took off running and screaming in the opposite direction. I forgot all about the bird and just fell to the floor laughing with tears in my eyes. Apparently my boss's screams scared the bird because it flew away and I quickly shut the door. That's when my boss came back and said, "F@ck this sh@t, I'm be drinking my lunch at the bar"... This is why I love my boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment