Saturday, January 15, 2011

Letter 14... Someone You've Drifted Away From

The one person I've drifted away from, I've known since I was 4. He was my best childhood guy friend. He's a year younger but that made no difference. It wasn't until high school that we started hanging out all the time. One summer we were inseparable. We were always sneaking Taco Bell into the movies, going clothes shopping together, hanging out at each others houses, and golfing. His parents loved me and my parents considered him another family member. There's one day that will always stand out in my mind. We spent the day car shopping. We went all out too. We dressed nice, acted like we were going to trade in his 2000 Saab, and he even insisted that I wear a fake engagement ring to pull off the scenario. Afterwards, we went out to my favorite place for dinner (Cattlemens) with his parents and their friends. Eventually he went back to an old girlfriend who insisted that he have nothing to do with me and I moved out of state. We still talk on Facebook but it's not the same. He and his dad are avid golfers so I always try to get them to come visit but it hasn't happened yet. We both know that no matter how many years go by without seeing each other, we'll always be friends and will be able to pick up where we left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment