Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Outlet



Everyone needs an outlet to de-stress and to have their "alone time". Some do crossword puzzles, others read, I run/hike. I had to take the summer off for obvious reasons (the weather) but now that the mornings aren't as hot, I'm back out on my favorite mountain, Lookout Mountain. I've hiked up it, hiked around it, but today I decided to try something different and ran around it. Let me tell you something I learned today... trail runners are bad asses! Running downhill wasn't bad but running up the trail almost killed me! I grew up in Woodland, CA where the biggest hill I had to run up was the sidewalk curb! It's been about 2 hours since I got done running and my butt is already getting sore. Tomorrow I probably won't be able to walk! But it's like the old saying, "No pain, no gain!"

No comments:

Post a Comment