So our first date was more like a first weekend date! So if you ever want to trick a guy into a second date, just get a flat tire and make sure your spare tire goes flat as well!
Starting another chapter in my life and I'm going to be focusing on myself instead of others.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
First Date Memories
Last night "B" and I were talking with a friend when they asked how "B" and I met and what we did on our first date. "B" and I exchanged looks and just laughed. My roommate at the time had an older sister who invited us to a BBQ she was having for the 4th of July. The sister's fiance invited some of his friends and one of them just happened to be "B". So "B" and I talked and exchanged numbers. 3 days later I had to get my tonsils taken out so all I could do was text him between naps. What was supposed to only be a week of recovery turned into 3 weeks! For 3 weeks I couldn't speak and had to rely on texts and pen and paper to communicate... it was horrible! (You know it's bad when your scab comes off in the middle of the night and your throat won't stop bleeding and you can't yell for your mom to tell her you need to go to the ER... I had to shake her to wake her up, point to my throat and had her guess what was wrong.) Anyways, at the end of 3 weeks of texting "B" was starting to think I was blowing him off and didn't want to have a date. Once I finally got some of my voice back, we talked on the phone and set up a date for a Friday night after I got off of work. While I was driving to work that day, I hit something in the road. My tires were didn't go flat so I didn't think twice. After work, I was on the freeway driving to the place where I was going to meet "B", and my tire went flat! I called "B" and told him what happened and he said he'd come rescue me and change the tire but it'd take awhile to get there. (I know how to change a flat tire but "B" didn't want me to do it since it was on the drivers side next to the freeway.) While I'm sitting in my car, on the side of the freeway at 9:30pm, a cop stops behind me. He asks what the problem was and after I explained that I got a flat and a friend was coming to change it, he starts to do it for me! Once I had the spare tire on, the cop escorted me to the nearest gas station and on the way, my spare tire went flat! 5 minutes after getting to the gas station "B" showed up. By this time it's after 10pm and no tire place was open so we left my car and just went back to my place. We watched a movie and I was asking all my friends if they could take me to a tire shop to fix my car the next day but all of my friends were busy so I sucked it up and asked "B" if he could help me out the next morning. Being the nice guy "B" is, he said yes and we made plans for the morning. I felt so bad for asking this guy for help when it's obvious our first date wasn't off to the best start. The next morning, "B" showed up at my house and we fixed my tire. Mind you it's the middle of summer in Phoenix so it's at least 100 degrees out and poor "B" was sweating bullets changing my tire. After he fixed it, the least I could do was buy him lunch, so we hopped in his truck and went out for lunch. So our "second date" was me suckering "B" into changing my tire and I still didn't even know if he was doing this because he liked me or just because he was a nice guy. After lunch "B" invited me to his house so he could shower and hang out. That's when I knew he liked me! because he could have easily dropped me off at my car and drove away. The hanging out turned into us going to Buffalo Wild Wings and playing trivia and drinking. The 2 of us weren't really thinking ahead and when we decided to call it a night, "B" mentioned he wouldn't be able to drive me back to my car because he had too much to drink. I had to spend the night at his house (no mattress mambo happened!). The next morning we had breakfast and then he drove me back to my car and the rest is history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment