Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Update On The Ex

Another weekend, another fight with the "Ex". It's been 3 months since the break up and while I had every intention to drop him like a bad habit and never talk to him again, things happened and we stayed friends. Now before everyone jumps on my case and tells me that I'm stupid and so on, just hear me out.

The "Ex" has two little boys from his previous marriage. Their mother is not in the picture and I've been the only constant female in their lives. After the breakup the "ex's whore" decided that I shouldn't be in the boys lives and of course the "Ex" went along with what she said. This broke my heart even more than what the "Ex" did. I was with those boys every single day for over a year and all of a sudden I was out of their lives completely. Now that the "Whore" is gone, the "Ex" is allowing me to be in the boys lives again. I made him promise that I'm either In all the time or I'm Out completely. I was not going to keep jumping in and out of their lives. Because my work schedule is so easy to work with, we agreed that I can watch and spend time with the boys 2 or 3 days a week instead of him hiring yet another nanny. This has been working out perfectly for the past couple weeks or so, until this past weekend he decided to play a mean joke and say that his "whore" came over to talk to him. I threw a major bitch fit. I knew that if she came back into the picture I'd get the boot so damn fast, even after he promised that he wouldn't do it. The "Ex" got mad at me because I got mad at his stupid joke... I don't even know why!

Which brings me to my main point. The "Ex" and I will fight and use very mean and hurtful things against the other person but then later that night or the next day we're back to being friends. We just cant seem to stay away from each other. What does this mean? I have my opinion on what it means but I wish I could have other people's opinion as well



1 comment:

  1. My opinion is that you can't be In with the kids and Out with the Ex. To be In with the kids, you have to be In with the ex... but you have to decide what the boundaries and terms of that In with him will be. Otherwise you leave yourself wide open for all the BS you are having to deal with now.

    I also think that if it was so easy for him to pick up with another girl while with you once, he'll do it again. It isn't a situation I would put myself in twice.

    And then you also have to consider your relationship with B and his kids... how does that factor in???

    ReplyDelete