It was a 5 year olds birthday yesterday so I made some Cake Pops for him. It was my first time ever making them and they turned out alright. I just need to work on the dipping into melted chocolate part. They're super easy to make.
Bake any cake according to the boxed directions
Mix cooled cake with one tub of frosting. You'll need to use your hands. Then put in fridge for 30mins to chill.
Roll mixture into whatever size balls you want.
Dip lollipop stick into melted chocolate then stick into the ball. This helps the stick stay on the ball.
Put in fridge, I did the freezer, for 30mins.
Dip the ball in the melted chocolate and tap off the extra chocolate. Then roll in a bowl of sprinkles.
Then stick into a styrofoam block to cool.
The kid loved them and all my coworkers are anxiously awaiting for me to bring them the treats to taste for themselves. They've all seen the picture of the cakes I do and all are telling me to start a cake business.
After all the cake and chocolate tasting, I told myself that I needed to do some Yoga Meltdown. After all, it is summer and lord knows I have enough cushion! There's been one pose that I just can't master and it really bothers me. It's called the Crow and we're suppose to hold it for 15 seconds... I usually do about half a second. Its hard to balance on just your hands! However, last night this girl held it for 6 seconds! Woo Hoo!!!! I was so proud and excited that I totally lost my concentration and fell flat on my face but that's ok, I'm a badass who can hold the crow pose!
Starting another chapter in my life and I'm going to be focusing on myself instead of others.
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Sweating For The Treats
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment