It seems as if everyone is talking about or writing about dating. Whether it's online or through mutual friends, apparently everyone wants a summer romance. NOT THIS GIRL! I've had my online guy, "The Ex" (I don't know what I was thinking), and I've had the mutual friends guy, "B". Apparently none of these situations worked for me. Sure they were long term relationships, with "B" it was more of a long term on and off relationship, but I've realized that both boys (that's right, I called them boys) are the "Trading Up" type. They see someone until someone "better" comes along. For "The Ex" it was until the little pharmacy tech (aka whore) said yes to his persistent asking. For "B" it was until a long ago ex found him on Facebook and they did some inappropriate flirting.
Facebook... I'm beginning to tire of that damn social media website. It's almost every week I need to change a privacy setting so that random people can't see my personal details. I've often contemplated shutting down my account and just sticking with my trusty old blog. For reasons I can't begin to explain I still have my account but rarely post anything, I just like the fact that I can still keep up with my "California life". And you won't EVER see me using Twitter. I don't give a shit if you just went grocery shopping or if you just "checked in" to work! I'm not a stalker who needs to know where you are all day long!... But I digress!
I recently began watching a new show called "Love Bites". In one scene a guy freaks out and breaks things off with a girl only because she baked him some banana bread. I'm that type of girl. I just love to bake and if I gave a baked good to a guy I'm seeing, there's no hidden agenda but do guys see that? NO! They see a girl who wants to get married and wants to have 2.5 kids in a house with a white picket fence. I believe guys overanalyze relationships just as much as girls do. Why can't we all just enjoy the ride we're on and not think too much about a girl cooking a meal for a guy. Maybe the girl just likes to cook! And for everyones information, I make a badass chocolate chocolate chip banana bread!
So while everyone is out looking for a summer fling, I'll only need one guy this summer and his name is Jack Daniels.
Starting another chapter in my life and I'm going to be focusing on myself instead of others.
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Off The Bandwagon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment