A week ago I was driving home from work and I got a flat tire! Ok, no big deal. I've changed a flat before. This time was different because when I went to get the spare out of the trunk, my donut tire was flat too! Thank goodness for AAA! Since being stuck on the side of the freeway is a priority call, they came within 20 minutes. While stuck at the tire shop, the guy was asking questions about what type of driver I am. Am I Dale Earnhardt Jr... I interrupted him and said I'm from California an he laughed and checked aggressive. He then goes on to ask when was the last time I replaced my tires, I don't know. When was your last tire rotation, I don't know. Should we put the new tires on the back and rotate the old ones to the front, I don't know! I totally failed the tire shop test! It cost me a total of $204 for 2 new tires and it only took an hour to fix it.
Fast forward to this past weekend. For a couple weeks my battery light has been flashing on and off but only in the mornings. I finally decided to take it to the mechanic before my car totally died. Friday I dropped it off on my way to work. Friday afternoon they called and said they couldn't figure out what was wrong and wanted to keep it til Saturday morning to start it up and see the light for themselves. Way to ruin my weekend plans! Saturday morning they call and say it's a bad alternator and it'll cost $350! Yikes! Since I have no choice, I let them do it. By this time I'm a pissed off lady! My parents are visiting next weekend and my stepdad could have replaced the damn thing for $150 or if B was in town he could have done it too! Bad timing Bessy (my cars nickname)! Within a week I've spent $550 to fix my car and it hurts me! Of course when you take your car to a mechanic they jump at the chance to find other things with your car. I shot them down right away since my stepdad is fixing my brakes and other little things when he comes (I have no idea how to change a brake light).
To top everything off, my coworker calls me up one night (not unusual since we talk every day on the phone or thru texts) and tells me that her husbands grandma is about to die so he's flying back for the funeral and that leaves her with her daughter and she needs someone to cover her work shifts. Since our other coworker is a mean, selfish bitch, I'm the only one who is willing to help out. This means I'm back to working 10 hour days for the next week with Sunday being my only day off. Ugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment