Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Where I've Been

     I know I've been MIA the past couple of months. My only excuse is that I've been too tired to do anything. We just got done with the busiest time of the retail year, which had me working nonstop. I honestly felt like I was in a sweatshop. Long hours, working my butt off and getting paid half of what a real manager makes. I'm still stuck in my acting store manager position which is bitter sweet. I love getting the experience and I know it'll look good on my resume, but I just worked the hardest 4 months in the retail year getting paid pennies, while the real manager sat at home doing nothing and still getting her salary. I have a lot of resentment towards her and I just got word that she'll be back from her surgery in February. That's when I'll step down and go back to being an assistant manager. We have another store opening soon and my District Manager said that she has plans for me there which made me ecstatic until I really thought about it and it crossed my mind that I could just be another assistant manager there instead of store manager... If that happens, there will be a PISSED off bear! I think I've truly shown that I can run a store all on my own and if I get passed up on a store manager position, then I'll probably look for another job.
     Another major change in my life was that I moved in with "Lover Boy". I was never at my apartment anymore and there's been talk of marriage. He finally convinced me to sublet my apartment out and move in with him. Apparently word on the street is that he's going to propose soon. I found this out because I bug him about it all the time. He finally said that he'll propose on a leap year, which I pouted about until I jumped off the couch and checked the calendar... this year is a leap year! So apparently he'll propose Feb 29, so we'll only have to celebrate once every 4 years. To prove I'm a typical girl, I've already found ideas for the wedding, which I want to keep very casual and small.

Can't decide which cake I like better
interesting wedding cake.

Love this dress


With these heels. A girl should be able to splurge on her wedding
Jimmy Choo High Heels  Vogue Sparkle

Which brings me to the next update... I need to workout! I will NOT get married looking like the Staypuff Marshmellow Man


All of you guys are sworn to secrecy about this upcoming proposal. Not even my parents know about this. We want to surprise everyone. I'll even be surprised because he won't tell me when or how he's going to do it. Knowing him he'll just ask after he walks out of the bathroom one morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment