So much has happened in the past couple of months that I don't even know where to begin!
Last you heard, I was the Acting Store Manager for one of the million dollar stores in Phoenix. This went on for about 7 months. In January my district manager told me that a new store would be opening pretty much in my backyard, so I jumped at the chance to take it. My DM said she'd keep me in mind. Well March rolls around and it's time to do everyone's annual reviews. After going over all the numbers from last year, the DM finally tells me that she's not going to give me the new store. I'm livid and almost in tears! She's led me on for 2 months while I've been busting ass, working over 40hrs a week for pennies compared to a real store manager. I don't understand how it's ok for me to manage a million dollar store but I can't manage a half million store. I go home, cry to Lover Boy, and a couple days later I tell my DM that I want to step down as the Acting Store Manager. I tell her that I thought this assignment would only be a couple months, the commute is terrible, I'm not getting paid a real managers salary, and I want to go back to assistant manager at my old store. She comes back with an offer of more money at this store to be assistant there. I tell her that I'll take it. The next day she calls me up and tells me that the manager at one of our sister stores is going to do some interviews for positions at my store... This pisses me off! I'm perfectly capable of interviewing and know what person would fit in with my employees. My DM also told me that this other manager would be writing the reviews for all of my employees... By this time I had enough of this bull shit so I stopped her right there an said, "Actually I'd like to do the reviews since I've been working with these girls for the past 6 months and know all of their strengths and weaknesses and if This other manager does the reviews, things will get lost and it won't be fair to these employees." (Oh shit, someone grew a backbone!) DM lady finally agreed and I was darn happy to have finally won a little battle. Little did I know that it would only last a couple days. DM lady tells all of the managers (13 of us) to give her 2 networking names of people she could interview for the new store by the end of the day. I almost went bat shit crazy. This lady thinks I'm going to give her people to take my dream job?! Fuck that! I ignore her request and she never asked me for any names. A week goes by and DM lady tells me that she hired a new person for the new store and after a week of training, she'll be working with me at my store to get her feet wet and I can show her the ropes. WHAT THE FUCK?! There is no way in hell I'm training a new person to take my job! I'm furious, livid, pissed, a fucking hungry grizzly bear who just woke up from hibernation. I go home for the weekend and I'm stewing over this the whole time. Monday morning I call up DM and tell her that I want to step down and go back to my old store ASAP. I've had it with all this shit. She says ok but give her 2 weeks to get everything into place. The last week there the new manager is working with me. She pulls me aside and tells me that I have to work tomorrow (my day off). I tell her I can't because I have plans. She asks what plans. I respond, "it doesn't matter what they are, I have plans I'm not going to cancel." She has the balls to say, "well I'd expect you to help out the store..." BITCH, you better check yourself! I reply with "I've been helping out the store for 7 months now. You're giving me less than 24hr notice all because you just now remembered that you need to go recruit for your new store. I'm sorry but I have plans that I'm not canceling." she gets mad and is caught off guard by my response that she says," well, I'll talk to the DM about this." I respond with, "You do that" and walked away. Fucking Bitch doesn't know who she's messing with!
Fast forward to today and I just found out that the girl who was acting assistant manager with me was just offered a store manager position at another million dollar store! WHAT THE FUCK?!!!! Like my friend (who was a store manager but quit) says, "how do you like getting butt fucked by this company?" why am I getting so screwed every which way?! How is it that I'm good enough to manager a store for 7 months but can't be a real store manager? It doesn't make sense. The only good thing is that I'm now back at my old store where we're so tiny that nobody really bothers us. But I'm still a fucking pissed off grizzly bear!
Starting another chapter in my life and I'm going to be focusing on myself instead of others.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
No One Puts Baby In The Corner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment