Today I woke up at 7am with a killer headache. I went to the bathroom and got some 800mg pain killers and as I was walking back into bed, I realized that this wasn't a hangover (it takes a lot more than a beer and a shot) but a migraine. This is only my 3rd one I've ever had and they are a pain in my butt! What I hate is when people, mainly on Facebook, say they're having a migraine at work, yet they're typing on the computer. Let me tell you something. If it's a true migraine, your ass will be crippled and you will not be opening your eyes to walk, let alone type on a computer. You will have a hammer pounding on your head, you can't stand having any lights on, and you will be sick to your stomach. All you'll want to do is cover your head with a pillow and sleep. That is what a migraine feels like!
When I was living at home, I took my mom's migraine Rx pills. But now I take Excedrin migraine. Pop two of those and lay down in a dark room with a cold cloth over your eyes and in 20-30 minutes I'm good as new.
ReplyDeleteMy last one happened at work last week... a student walked into my room at lunch and found me sitting in the dark, bent over the garbage can throwing up. He ran down to get the school nurse! It was so embarrassing.